2021 spring conference
Save the date for this virtual event!
Innovation, Collaboration, and Inclusion!
Monday, March 1 - Saturday, March 6
See you there!
Submission Deadline: October 01
The AADPRT/George Ginsberg Fellowship, funded by AADPRT, acknowledges the excellence and accomplishments of outstanding residents interested in education and teaching who are pursuing careers as clinician-educators and/or academic administrators.
Fellowships will be awarded to five outstanding applicants. (Two regions with the lowest number of applications will be combined with other regions to create five approximately equal groups.) Winners will be invited to attend the AADPRT Annual Meeting at AADPRT’s expense. Opportunities will be given for Ginsberg fellows to continue to develop their interest in teaching and education or subspecialty residency.
Institutions may nominate one candidate from their general psychiatry residency program, one from the child and adolescent psychiatry residency, or one from an accredited subspecialty psychiatry fellowship program.
Nomination must include:
1. Completed online form (view sample form)
2. Nominating letter from training director or department chair (similar in substance to “Dean’s Letter” with specific sections on clinical skills in residency, involvement in teaching and/or curriculum development, and leadership related to teaching). Letters may include evaluations of clinical rotations and teaching as well as comments from other faculty members. The letter should include approval to attend the AADPRT Annual Meeting.
Sample Nomination Letter
3. Candidate executive summary outlining experiences to date that have led to their application, their overarching philosophy of education, and career aims (800 word limit)
4. Applicant's Curriculum Vitae - Please use the AADPRT Biosketch Template for the applicant's CV. There is also a sample CV for guidance. This is based on the NIH biosketch.
5. Sample of candidate’s teaching materials: e.g., outlines of talks, PowerPoint slides, syllabi of courses (ABSOLUTE limit of ten pages—reviewers will not look at additional pages)
Program directors and institutions of residents submitting nominations must be members in good standing with AADPRT (i.e., current institution and individual membership dues must be paid).
Applications will be evaluated in the following areas:
1. Clinical skills in residency
2. Involvement in teaching and/or curriculum development
3. Leadership related to teaching
4. Publication and/or workshop (including abstracts, posters) with an education focus
5. Quality/creativity of teaching materials
6. Quality of the executive summary
The online nomination system is open to Training Director Members only.
Submission Deadline: October 01
Please be prepared to upload all necessary documents.
A confirmation email will be sent when your complete electronic submission is received. If you do not receive a confirmation within two business days, email AADPRT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests for confirmation must be received before the deadline. Materials will not be accepted or considered after the deadline.