Purpose of the program
To support and facilitate career development through facilitating mentor/mentee experiences within AADPRT.
Overview of Mentorship Program
Mentoring is a critical component of career advancement and job satisfaction. It has been defined as a multifaceted collaboration between a junior and senior professional with the primary goal being the nurturing of the junior professional’s development. AADPRT’s goal is to help members who are involved in training of our residents and fellows get the most out of their career as well as enhance personal satisfaction.
General rules of aadprt mentorship program
- Encourage mentee to work with the mentor to develop clear goals for the mentorship.
- Mentorship relationships are expected to extend through one year (may be extended).
- Commit to making the time to “meet” on a regular basis or no less than 2 to 3 times per year.
- Keep the content of your conversations confidential.
- Practice active listening.
- Provide each other with honest, direct and respectful feedback.
- Complete mentorship review form at the end of the mentorship experience.
- Strongly encourages both mentee and mentor to participate in a mentorship workshop offered at either AADPRT or AAP if not previously done.
Requesting a Mentor or Mentee
- Click Finding a Mentor or Become a Mentor.
- Complete form and email it to Sourav Sengupta at email@example.com.
- Once a request has been submitted, the Mentorship Advisory Council will review the request and assign you with the “best fit” mentor or mentee. An email will be sent to both participants to initiate the virtual introduction.
- Mentor/Mentees will be responsible for formulating their relationship. We offer several “TIPS” to help with this process (see links) including the Mentor/Mentee Agreement & Individual Development Plan form for your use if you like.
- Of course, finding the most appropriate mentor is much more akin to a special relationship which involves factors that are difficult to identify until you are in the relationship. If you find that the match is not quite right and would like to be switched, please contact Sourav Sengupta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find a Mentor
Be a Mentor
Tips for Mentees
Tips for Mentors
Individual Development Plan
Mentor/Mentee Goals & Contract