Recognizing Important Leaders
AADPRT would like to recognize those important leaders who have had a significant impact on psychiatric residency education nationally, demonstrated excellence in psychiatric residency education, and/or provided generativity and mentoring in residency. The awardee will be honored at the Annual Meeting.
To honor an AADPRT member who has had a significant impact on psychiatric residency education nationally.
- The nominee must:
a. Have more than 10 years of experience as an AADPRT member
b. Have attended AADPRT Annual Meetings at least 10 times
- The Nominator is:
a. an AADPRT member in good standing
- Nominee application may be resubmitted a second time if not previously selected
Institutions whose nominees have received AADPRT/Lifetime Service Award are ineligible to nominate candidates for the next two (2) nomination cycles (e.g. if selected in fall of 2022, the institution may not submit another Lifetime Service application until fall of 2025).
Nomination must include:
- Letter of nomination (not to exceed 2 pages) from a current or past AADPRT member detailing the nominee's contribution
- Nominee CV
- Please submit all documents as one PDF.
The Lifetime Service Award Committee consists of AADPRT’s two past presidents and 4 members from the general membership who have served or are serving as program directors. Two of the 6 members represent a subspecialties and all are well-distributed throughout the 7 regions. Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Nominee has had a significant impact on psychiatric residency education nationally
- Nominee has demonstrated excellence in psychiatric residency education
- Nominee has provided generativity and mentoring in residency/sub-specialty fellowship
Please submit all documents as one PDF.
A confirmation email will be sent TO THE SUBMITTER ONLY (training director) when the complete electronic submission is received. If the training director does not receive a confirmation within two business days, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests for confirmation must be received before the deadline. Materials will not be accepted or considered after the deadline.
Submission Deadline: September 20