<< Back to positions listing
Academic Position Overseeing Resident Outpatient Experiences
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
The University of Kansas School of Medicine in Wichita, Kansas is seeking a full-time General Psychiatrist faculty member in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences.
We are looking for an adult psychiatrist with academic ambitions or experience to join our residency faculty. The position would be perfect for someone just out of training to join an established department with experienced mentors. The role would have an outpatient focus, supervising residents. There are opportunities to get involved with research, clinical trials and didactic teaching if so desired.
Our mission is to train medical students and healthcare professionals in psychiatry and behavioral sciences for the betterment of the citizens of Kansas through formal education, scholarly activities and clinical service.
We pride ourselves in providing unrivaled patient care in a variety of community settings, including private urban and rural hospitals, community mental health centers, and hospital and medical school based outpatient clinics. Wichita is a regional health care center that draws patients living throughout Kansas and northern Oklahoma. This broad catchment area provides a rich diversity of patients and clinical conditions that further the educational experiences of our trainees.
Apply here for the General Psychiatrist: https://jobs.kumc.edu/postings/22181
About KU School of Medicine-Wichita
- Founded in 1973 and expanded to a four-year curriculum in 2011
- 203 medical students enrolled for the 2017-2018 academic year
- 75 full-time faculty and 74 part-time faculty
- 921 volunteer faculty
About the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- 100% board pass rate for 5+ years
- 24 psychiatry residents
- Psychology training program with 3 fellows and 2 interns in clinical neuropsychology and clinical child psychology tracks
- 20 faculty
- 15 volunteer faculty
Life in Wichita boasts a blend of lively historic neighborhoods complemented by modern, innovative expanses.
- Biggest city in Kansas; 49th largest city in the nation
- 1,000+ multicultural restaurants
- 23 food trucks in the Wichita Food Truck Coalition
- 8 craft breweries
- Vibrant arts community; top 25 coolest film festivals in America
- 100+ miles of bike paths
- #1 among metro areas with least-stressed commuters in 2016
- #1 on MSN Real Estate list of most affordable cities
- #3 advanced industry hotspot
- 7th largest zoo in the nation
- #9 on CNN’s list of the best U.S. cities to live in
- Entrepreneurial roots: Coleman, Mentholatum, Pizza Hut & White Castle
- Strong focus on education: public and private from pre-schools to universities
1010 N Kansas
Wichita, KS 67206