<< Back to awards listing
Lucille Fusaro Meinsler Program Administrator Award
Submission Deadline: September 12
AADPRT recognizes the outstanding skills that psychiatry residency Program Administrators possess and utilize in the day-to-day management of a residency program. The winner of this award will have travel expenses covered to attend the AADPRT Annual Meeting (three hotel overnights and airfare) and be recognized for his/her important role in working in this field.
- Five years experience as a psychiatry Program Administrator
- Attendance at one AADPRT meeting or other national or regional meeting in the past two years
- AADPRT member institutions in good standing may nominate one Program Administrator from each of their programs (i.e., general, child & adolescent, subspecialty)
Criteria for Selection
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate commitment to the education and development of residents:
a. Through excellence in administrative management of the residency program
b. Through creativity and ability to prioritize and manage multiple administrative tasks
- Demonstrate originality in improving an aspect of the residency program
- Participate at a national or regional level in Program Administrator meetings
- Online application
- Three letters of recommendation. One each from:
a. Program director
c. Someone involved in graduate medical education who can comment on the nominee’s
excellence as a Program Administrator
- Personal statement from nominee describing:
a. Achievements and experiences working in a psychiatry residency program
b. Specific examples of administrative challenges and outcomes
c. Plans for further contributions to residency program and personal professional development.
Program directors and institutions of program administrators submitting nominations must be members in good standing with AADPRT (i.e., current institution and individual membership dues must be paid).
Submission Deadline: September 12Submit Nomination
Please be prepared to upload all necessary documents.
A confirmation email will be sent when your complete electronic submission is received. If you do not receive a confirmation within two business days, email AADPRT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests for confirmation must be received before the deadline. Materials will not be accepted or considered after the deadline.