Program Administrator Symposium
We hope you are planning to attend the 2017 Program Administrators’ Symposium at the AADPRT meeting in San Francisco March 8-11, 2017. Present plans include some of the “oldies but goodies” like the “Meet and Greet” on Wednesday, March 8 from 5-6 PM, presentations from the ABPN and ACGME, Tips and Tricks on Thursday and workshops on Friday. Highlights for this year include:
- Our welcoming presentation by Dr. Deborah Cowley, Professor and Vice Chair for Education and Faculty Development, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington Medical Center. Dr. Cowley’s presentation on “The Program Administrator as a Leader” will start promptly at 8:45 AM.
- The “Lifers” Workshop for senior program administrators on Thursday afternoon – By popular request, this session has become a popular part of the meeting and will run concurrently with the New Coordinators University. The purpose of this seminar is to explore some of the issues (both job and personal) facing program administrators who have been doing the job for several years.
- New Program Administrators University for Program Administrators new to the position or who would like a “refresher” on topics important to the PA.
- The AADPRT Leadership is encouraging Program Administrators to attend the general program workshops on Friday. Friday’s schedule is slightly different than past years. We will meet as a PA group for coffee and a PA Caucus meeting, break to join the PD’s for one of their workshops that you will choose, and then rejoin our group for workshops by PA’s for PA’s. Friday afternoon, you will choose from the general program workshops.
- A listing of workshops that may be especially relevant for program administrators is attached. If another of the workshops is of interest, you are welcomed to attend that one. You should register for the workshop sessions so that Sara will know how many people will attend.
- Saturday’s program is brief but many have found the panel discussion with several program directors and their administrators (with questions submitted in advance by the membership) to be very interesting and thought provoking. Last year’s session got rave reviews, so we are really looking forward to this year’s session.
- Talk with your Program Director and get your plans together to attend.
We can't wait for you to join us in San Francisco.
Elaine & Barbara
Program Administrator (Coordinator) Symposium Schedule